17 April 2007

2007 Rhythm and Ribs - Headliners


Attention KC readers.

Happy-Go-Global-Local Pat Metheny will headline the 3rd Annual Rhythm and Ribs Festival. The American Jazz Museum made the announcement today. The other headliners are a pair of smoothies: George Benson and Al Jarreau.

(I don't care what anybody says: "Breezin'" makes me happy for a least a half an hour.)

Organizers are promising 40 other national and local musical acts. The only one named so far is Javon Jackson, but that's good news to me. The young (a.k.a., my age) sax player is definitely one to watch. And his website says he'll be playing with two keyboard greats: Dr. Lonnie Smith and Les McCann. So that will definitely be worth it.

Rhythm & Ribs will also bringing back its amateur BBQ contest. I can already smell the woodsmoke.

Dates:
June 15-16, 2007
Location: 18th & Vine

» More info to come on the Rhythm & Ribs website.

No comments: